Advantages of Home Health Care
Home care is a cost effective alternative to extended hospital stays or institutional care. Being at home helps clients feel better about themselves and gives them a sense of security and well being, without imposing a burden on family and friends.
In addition, home care can cost a fraction as much as hospitalization or a long-term care facility. Home health care enables clients to recuperate in the comfort and privacy of their own home, at a cost savings of 36-50 percent over hospitalization or nursing home confinement. Staying at home means being near family and friends—people who can offer loving care and support. A trained home care provider can teach them the skills needed to help with certain types of care.
Who is a good candidate for home care?
- Someone recently hospitalized for surgery or illness.
- Someone unable to meet their own needs due to health, age, or social problems.
- Someone who is stressed out about taking care of a family member who can no longer care for themselves.
- Someone who is missing work or ignoring their immediate family to care for a loved one.
- Someone who is homebound and lonely, frightened, or depressed.
- Someone who needs assistance getting groceries, going to appointments, or around the house.
- Someone who has an infant or sick child and needs help with care.
Why not hire privately?
When deciding on the best home health care services for your loved one, hiring privately is always an option. But is it the right option for you? Here are some of the questions you should ask prior to considering this option for care:
- Does the individual go through a screening process and background check?
- What is the individual’s training and experience?
- Do they have the qualifications and ability to create a plan of care?
- Do they have a backup system in place for when they cannot provide care when needed?
- Are they insured and fully bonded?
- Who does their payroll taxes?
- Who do you turn to if there is a problem?
These are just some of the questions you should ask prior to considering this option for care. Working with a home health care agency like Rely has endless benefits and advantages. Please use the resources provided in our website to learn more about home health care and how to choose the best agency with the best care to meet your needs.